North Central West Virginia Economic Outlook Conference
Cultivating a Workforce That Attracts Business to West Virginia
The West Virginia Economic Outlook Conference Series comes to North Central West Virginia on Wednesday, November 13, 2019, at the Mollohan Research Center in Fairmont. Continental breakfast will begin at 7:30 am with remarks to launch the conference at 8:00 am. The event will run through the morning, wrapping up promptly at noon.
This year's lineup of speakers includes leaders in the state and region addressing topics related to the national and state economy with an in-depth discussion of what can be done to strengthen West Virginia’s economy.
- John Deskins, Ph.D., Director, WVU Bureau of Business and Economic Research
- Mark Muchow, Deputy Cabinet Secretary, West Virginia Department of Revenue
Human Capital: Education, Training, and Retaining Talent
- Sarah Armstrong Tucker, Ph.D., Chancellor, Community and Technical College System of West Virginia
- Todd Fox, Training Manager, Chemours Company
- Natalie Roper, Executive Director, Generation West Virginia
- Garrett Moran, Ph.D., Associate Director of Services and Policy Innovation, Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute, WVU
- Douglas Leech, Founder and CEO, Ascension Recovery Services
- James Berry, D.O., Associate Professor and Director of Addictions, Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry, WVU
Attendees will receive the West Virginia Economic Outlook, 2020-2024, the comprehensive guide to the state’s economy, as well as presentation handouts from all speakers and a continental breakfast.