At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
The responsibility of the Administrative Support position is to serve as the primary contact for customers and policy owners and assist with work as needed. Specific responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
· Greet visitors and direct them appropriately
· Answer, screen and record telephone calls
· Maintain telephone system and agency directory
· Train new personnel on how to use the phone system
· Process incoming and outgoing mail; deliver outgoing mail to Post Office
· Maintain the reception area
· Make copies, send and distribute faxes and maintain copy and fax machines
· Maintain inventory and order office supplies as needed
· Answer basic policy owner/policy benefit questions
· Act as administrative support for financial representatives/staff as needed
· Complete and/or assist with projects as assigned by the Office Manager/Director of Operations
· Cross-train in other support roles
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
It is recommended that the Administrative Support position have the following qualifications:
· Basic computer and Microsoft Office experience
· Multi-line phone experience preferred
· Filing skills
· Customer service experience strongly preferred
· Ability to handle detailed work with high degree of accuracy
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Experience in problem-solving
· High level of organizational skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Professional office skills
· Ability to take independent action to make sound decisions
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to be flexible and open-minded.
· Ability to work effectively with people at all levels
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!