Support the American Red Cross and delight your taste buds during Taste of West Virginia 2019. A foodie’s paradise, the event will provide a vast array of bites from the region’s best restaurants, who will showcase their unique cuisine and compete for one of several culinary awards.
This year's event coincides with West Virginia Day. Join us as we celebrate Appalachian cuisine and recognize the disaster relief provided by Red Cross in communities across the state.
• $35 each or $60 per pair (parking included)
2019 AWARD CATEGORIES
• Best Savory Dish
• Best Sweet Dish
• Most Creative Dish
• Best Presentation
• People’s Choice
• Best Contemporary Appalachian Dish
• Taste of West Virginia
• Grand Champion - Best Overall Dish
The event is presently accepting 30 restaurant entries, for details see: https://americanredcross.wufoo.com/forms/z1efhbn11ml9wsx/
Committed to date:
• 1863 Appalachian Bistro (Elkins)
• Benny Velino's
• Black Bear Burritos
• Bourbon Prime
• Cody's (Bridgeport)
• Flying Fish & Co.
• Morgantown Brewing Company
• PeppeBroni's Pizza
• The Rambling Root (Fairmont)
• Saute' by Rene'
• Stefano's of Morgantown
• Terra Cafe
• This and That Bakery (Mannington)
• Tutto Gelato Cafe
• March-Westin Company
• MedExpress Urgent Care
• The Thrasher Group, Inc
• The Dominion Post
• Impakt Media
• WDTV 5 News
• Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place Hotel
• Brittany Furbee, Host of "Brittany Furbee's Culinary Adventures", a live cooking show on Twitch, and 2017 winner of Food Network's "Cooks vs. Cons"
• Anne Hart, Owner & Executive Chef, Provence Market Cafe
• Chef Marion Ohlinger, Owner, Hill & Hollow, selected for inaugural edition of The Best Chefs in America 2013 and West Virginia’s Best Chef by WV Living Magazine’s Best of 2015 Readers Poll Awards.
• Tim Urbanic, Chef & Co-Founder, Cafe Cimino Country Inn
• Natalie Watson, Chef at Bridgeport Conference Center, Culinary Arts Instructor at Pierpont Community & Technical College, 2015 WV Student Chef of the Year
• Vagabond Chef Matt Welch, Owner at Vagabond Kitchen,
2018 winner of “Guy’s Grocery Games” on Food Network